Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dress Up Your Walls...

A home surrounded by bare white walls is not only boring, but makes the home feel empty. It reminds me of when I was straight out of college living in NYC. My friend's and I were all excited to move into our tiny cookie cutter apartments that were all painted in the same dull shade of white. The fact that we had very little money, coupled with the fact that whatever extra cash we did have, we certainly did not want to invest in a rental, made our apartments feel naked.

Whether it be wallpaper, a fun paint color or some interesting art, it is super important to give your walls life. I can understand waiting to invest in art until you find something you absolutely love, but buying a few gallons of paint isn't such a drastic measure. Even if you try to be daring and paint a white wall red, if you really hate it after some time, change it back. But, I appeal to you to really try and step out of your comfort zone.

Take a look at these images - they should inspire you...

marcelo lucini

via apartment therapy

via interior design magazine

via blissful blog


via emmas design blog

via hamilton design associates
 
via christina murphy interiors

via delight by design

via one hour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you! Please let me know what you are thinking.....