Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Platner

Ah... Warren Platner, one of my all time favorite icons of MCM design. Less flamboyant than other designers of this time period, Platner was known for his understated elegance and the steel wire furniture he designed for Knoll.

"I felt there was room for the kind of decorative, gentle, graceful design that appeared in a period style like Louis XV," stated Platner. To pursue that concept, he designed an elegant collection of chairs, tables and stools that rest on a sculptural base of hundreds of vertical steel rods.

A wonderful quote by Platner...
"A classic is something you look at often and always accept as it is. You can see no way of improving it."

That is why I love MCM designs. They are truly classic and one cannot fathom any way in which to make them better.





This space is truly designed with a mid-century modern aesthetic. The coffee table works beautifully.
via delikatassen

I am not sure if you can truly appreciate the dining table with so much going on around it. The bright yellow chairs, the zig zag rug, the large bright vase with flowers and the teal window treatments seem to take away from the elegance of the table. Maybe it works better in person? What do you think?
via high gloss magazine



So clean, so lovely....
via obsesilicoius



I heart this room.... While I don't always love tone on tone, it really works in this space.

via style files



Despite my mad crush on Warren Platner, the above image may be overdoing it. Do you like it or think that maybe they could have used a different coffee table?
via freshhome

I am really admiring the Platner lounge chair in this boy's bedroom. One lucky kid!  
Reese Roberts

1 comment:

  1. I want my next house to have a room with that dining table and yellow chairs and blue curtains - I love it! The color is so bright and fun and alive!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! Please let me know what you are thinking.....