Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cover Me!

How do you feel about living rooms that do not have a rug? Most often I think that uncovered flooring in a living room tends to look naked.  While sometimes a particular interior style actually necessitates a bare floor, most of the time it is a vital part of the decor otherwise leaving the room to appear unfinished.

Below are some photos of how rugs can really bring a room together.

In addition, below the images, I have listed some of my favorite online resources for rugs.




via Domino Magazine


via Metropolitan Home


























Amanda Masters




 via Brad Ford Interiors



Toby Fairley

via hegegreenall-scholtz



Weiss Palmer






via chictip.com


Graham Moss





I know this photo was in one of my previous posts, but I certainly could not leave it out of a post specifically dedicated to rugs!  Does anyone love multi colored stripes as much as I do????



If your budget is friendly ;-) then you should definitely look at their collection.  Every time I visit their website or their showroom, I feel like a kid in a candy store.  If I could, I would fill my home up with their beautiful handmade rugs!  My favorite, favorite are the Paul Smith designs but I LOVE the Matthew Williamson and Marni as well.  Check out the site - I promise you will be in interior heaven!

Her collection is timeless and stunning.  These rugs can work in any decor and will never go out of style.

Another absolutely amazing collection can be found at Karkula.  While definitely on the pricey side as well, these rugs are so unique and will certainly be a conversation piece.  Check out the Rosa rug by Paola Lenti - LOVE!!!!!!!

Another wonderful resource for rugs.  Elson & Company has a fantastic collection of Tibetan and dhurries you are sure to swoon over.

On a less expensive note....

You could find very cool rugs at wonderful prices in both of these stores.  Some are actually really funky and would be perfect for a kid's room.

These rugs are pricier than West Elm and CB2 but still reasonable.  Most of their designs have muted colors and simple patterns making them versatile for most decor styles.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you! Please let me know what you are thinking.....